Mold is a non-scientific term for many types of unwanted fungi found both indoors and outdoors. The most common molds are Cladosporium, Penicillium, and Aspergillus. Some people may be naturally more sensitive to the molds while others may not be as sensitive as others. So, the not-so-sensitive people may not get affected by the molds at all.
· Where Does Mold Grow?
Although mold is everywhere, active mold growth requires moisture. Molds favor places that are both damp and unclean.
· You May Be Inhaling Molds Daily.
Since the molds thrive on the damp places and travel through the air, you may inhale them daily. All of the molds are normally harmless if a small quantity of the molds is inhaled.
· Several Health Issues Occur.
When a person is exposed to the excessive molds, he may experience some adverse health issues such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, cough, irritation on the skin and many other such problems as following:
- A trigger of Asthma attack for those with asthma
- A fungal infection can be a serious health threat in immunocompromised individuals.
- Mold-induced hypersensitivity may also occur as a result of direct exposure to the inhaled mold spores, which may lead to allergic asthma or allergic rhinitis.
- Mycotoxin toxicity may also occur under certain conditions, which may worsen the health of the affected person.
- hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition.
Molds are very common in homes and buildings. Mold will grow in places with a lot of moisture, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes, or where there has been flooding. Mold grows well on paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, and wood products. Mold can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery. So, you should keep these areas clean to mitigate the growth or prevent the molds from thriving and taking a toll on your health.
To completely get rid of molds in your property and save you and your family from the effects mentioned above, seek help from the professionals to help you. You can call Pro4mance Fire and Water to get a professional mold removal service at an affordable rate.